- 1 # Sausage or Ground Beef, cooked & drained
- 1 Box Dirty Rice Mix
- 1 Onion, diced
- 6-8 Bell Peppers
- Shredded Cheese (I use an Italian blend of Mozzarella, White Cheddar, Provolone, & Asiago)
- 1 can Tomato Soup, Undiluted
- V8 Juice®
- Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚.
- Start rice cooking per directions on box omitting the meat from box directions. Will take 20-25 minutes.
- Start sausage/ground beef browning in skillet with diced onion. While rice and meat are cooking, wash and slice tops of bell peppers, then gut. Place peppers open side up in a covered casserole dish.
- When rice and meat/onion mixture are done, mix together in a large bowl. Mix into cooked meat/rice mixture the undiluted can of tomato soup and ½-1 cup of shredded cheese and diced tomatoes if you’ve elected this option. Stuff this mixture into the peppers that are arranged in casserole dish. Drizzle V8® juice into peppers and fill casserole dish ½”-1” with V8® juice.
- Bake in 375˚ oven 45 minutes-1 hour. When you remove peppers from oven, sprinkle shredded cheese over top of peppers. Once cheese melted, serve peppers in a bowl with V8® sauce spooned over peppers and enjoy.
Note – if you’ll be having a busy night, you can do the mixture and stuffing a day ahead so will be ready to pop in oven the following night. Or you can also “plan ahead” by making a double batch of peppers and freezing the second batch of cooked peppers so all that is necessary for a “quick” meal is to microwave thawed peppers and enjoy.