Thank you for your interest in Independent Living Resource Center, Inc. (ILRC). Below you will find information about jobs and links to our application. If you have any questions, please contact us. ILRC is a non-profit Center for Independent Living that promotes independence for persons with disabilities. ILRC constantly evaluates programs and services that will be of benefit to our consumers. Because of this, ILRC strives to find the best candidates to implement and assist in making our programs and services successful.
ILRC offers an excellent salary and benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage individuals with disabilities to apply. Current openings at ILRC will be posted on this site. To apply for any of the posted opportunities, please send a cover letter, resume, and a completed ILRC employment application to the following address. No faxes please.
Independent Living Resource Center
Attn: Human Resources
1760 Southridge Dr
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Upon hire, all applicants must provide ILRC with valid proof of United States residency and/or valid proof of eligibility for employment in the United States according to guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service. Additionally, all successful applicants must register with Family Care Safety Registry with a clean background check OR have an approved Good Cause Waiver. All employees are required to pass CPR/First Aid course.
ILRC Executive Director
SUPERVISED BY: ILRC BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. Areas of responsibility include planning and evaluation, policy development and administration, personnel and fiscal management, public relations and other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
• Ability to prioritize and handle a number of jobs at once.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Highly accurate recordkeeping ability.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Personal experience with a disability.
• Knowledge of community resources.
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
• Basic computer skills to allow for documentation and research.
• Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Master’s degree is preferred, but a bachelor’s degree in business, social work, psychology, finance or other related field is required.
• Significant importance is given to a working knowledge of disabilities, disability oriented issues, concerns and methods of service delivery.
• Personal experience with a disability is preferred.
• Must be responsible for own transportation.
• Salary range is $55,000-$65,000
If interested in the position, please submit the following:
1. Cover letter with salary requirement
3. Three professional references
Mail to: ILRC Board of Directors, PO Box 106125, Jefferson City, MO 65110-6125