Thank you for your interest in Independent Living Resource Center, Inc. (ILRC). Below you will find information about jobs and links to our application. If you have any questions, please contact us.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage individuals with disabilities to apply. Current openings at ILRC will be posted on this site. To apply for any of the posted opportunities, please send a cover letter, resume, and a completed ILRC employment application to the following address. No faxes please.
Independent Living Resource Center
Attn: Human Resources
1760 Southridge Dr
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Upon hire, all applicants must provide ILRC with valid proof of United States residency and/or valid proof of eligibility for employment in the United States according to guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service. Additionally, all successful applicants must register with Family Care Safety Registry with a clean background check OR have an approved Good Cause Waiver.
The Office Manager is responsible for the coordination of internal office operations, bookkeeping and accounting responsibilities, and human resources management. The Office Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be able to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, recommending improvements in office practices or procedures. The office manager will also supervise the front desk staff and ensure ILRC maintains an excellent degree of customer service.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Supervision of front desk staff and reception area including ensuring coverage of the front desk is met by scheduling staff or covering phones personally.
- Provide general information on services and activities to the public.
- Establish, maintain and update filing systems for the company.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copies.
- Maintain inventory, order supplies and coordinate purchases made by ILRC while ensuring that the proper process for purchases is made.
- Responsible for keeping the building at 1760 Southridge in superior, second-to-none condition (in appearance, cleanliness, operation and in guest experience).
- Manage all building and equipment maintenance with approved contractors.
- Respond, as appropriate, to needs/requests of agency renting space at 1760 Southridge, Ste A.
- Human resources duties including, but not limited to, the marketing and overview of employee benefits, creating new employee records and maintaining current records, completion of required staff background screens, responding to employment verification requests and assisting staff as needed.
- Maintain relationships with vendors of employee benefits to best respond to human resource inquiries.
- Maintain current records of employee, vendor and customer information in QuickBooks.
- Create all new employee records and payroll and benefit information in QuickBooks.
- Manage communication through the primary email account for ILRC (email@example.com).
- Work with the Executive Director to complete bi-weekly payroll for ILRC staff and accounts payable activities.
- Work with the Executive Director, CDS Staff and outside accountant to ensure payroll for attendants through the Consumer Directed Services Program is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Bill MOHealthNet for approved activities under the Consumer Directed Services Program utilizing billing software; Amber Clinic Manager.
- Review Remittance Advice reports and other reports to ensure all CDS billing is appropriately documented, billed and reimbursed. Follow up as necessary.
- Work with the Executive Director to review revenue, expenditures and project status.
- Work with the Executive Director to complete Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reports as requested.
- Establish and maintains relationships with appropriate external entities, including but not limited to Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Health and Senior Services, The Insurance Group, and appropriate referral agencies.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in training opportunities.
- Travel to conferences or workshops, both in and out of state.
- Work occasional evenings or weekend days for special events.
- Work as a team player with other ILRC staff.
- Understand and adhere to the Independent Living Philosophy.
- Perform other duties as may be deemed necessary and appropriate by the Executive Director.
- Personal experience with a disability is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a number of job demands at once.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintain confidentiality for both written and verbal information.
- Records management/documentation (written and computer).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Flexibility in dealing with job functions and schedules.
- Mastery of computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks and basic accounting principles.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Management, Accounting or other related field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the responsibilities detailed in this job description.
- Maintain personal transportation.
- Register with the Family Care Safety Registry and pass a criminal background screening.
Application deadline is July 31, 2018.