Here are a few things we can all do to be prepared this fall and winter for possible inclement weather and flu season.
- Get a flu shot. Click here for area clinics.
- Wash your hands frequently. Use antibacterial foams and gels when you don’t have access to soap and water.
- Disinfect your home regularly.
- Stock your medicine cabinet with a supply of single-symptom drugs such as cough suppressants, pain relievers and antihistamines.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Review your Emergency Plan and ensure that your whole household is aware of what the plans are.
- Go through your Emergency Kit and make sure all flashlights work, you have extra batteries, blankets, etc.
- Stock up on food, including canned goods and basics, for those snowed in days.
- Winterize your home AND car.
Melinda Cardone, Program Manager