- 6 cups shredded Cabbage or prepared bagged coleslaw
- 1 14-ounce packaged Coleslaw Mix
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 10-ounce can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 14-ounce can Beef Broth
- 1 15-ounce can Black-Eyed Peas (can substitute pinto or other canned beans), drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large oven-proof pot, layer the cabbage, rice, meat, tomatoes and green chilies, and beef broth.
- Cook at 350°, covered with foil or a lid, one hour 40 minutes. Stir after 40 minutes and continue cooking, covered, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in the black-eyed peas and season to taste.