1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 pound shelled raw peanuts, skins optional
1 to 2 tablespoons granulated raw sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat honey, butter, vanilla and 1 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat, until melted.
3. Stir in peanuts, then pour the mixture out into a single layer in the baking dish.
4. Roast peanut mixture for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden, shaking the pan a few times to stir the nuts. Remove from oven, stir mixture to break up clumps, and let cool slightly.
5. Sprinkle on remaining salt and sugar and toss to coat; serve warm.