- 4 medium to large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Granny Smith or other tart Apples
- 1 12-ounce package Maple Sausage Links
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup packed Brown Sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Apple Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cook un-peeled sweet potatoes in 4 quarts of boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/4″ slices. Peel, core, and cut apples into 1/4″ slices.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until browned. Drain off any drippings; place links on paper towels. Cut each sausage link into 3 pieces.
- Arrange potatoes, apples, and sausage alternately in buttered 13″ x 9″ baking dish. Sprinkle with salt, 1/2 cup brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Dot with butter. Pour apple juice over the top.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes more until lightly browned and potatoes are tender.