- 13-ounce can Tuna, packed in water (or two 6.5 ounce cans), drained
- 14.5-ounce can Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 green Jalapeño Pepper, washed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small Onion (preferably red onion), chopped
- juice of one Lemon or one Lime
- 2 TBSP fresh Cilantro
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 head Romaine or other Lettuce, separated into leaves, washed, patted dry with clean cloth
- 2 medium Tomatoes, sliced into wedges, 6 wedges per tomato
- 1 large Cucumber, peeled and cut into quarter-inch rounds
- Pico de Gallo: In a glass or ceramic bowl, combine the canned diced tomatoes, chopped jalapeño pepper, chopped onion, the juice of lemon or lime, garlic, chopped onion, minced garlic, and black pepper. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the drained tuna with the Pico de Gallo.
- To assemble each serving, place 2-3 leaves of the washed and separated lettuce on each plate. Scoop the tuna with Pico de Gallo onto the lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the fresh sliced tomatoes and cucumber rounds on the plate and serve.